The most important changes are:
- Extension of the visa application period: Formerly one could only apply for a Schengen visa three months before the intended travel. This period has been extended to f 6 months before your planned travel date.
- Increased fees:
- Schengen visa from €60 to €80
- Schengen visa for children 6-12 years old from €35 to €40
- Children under 6 years old are still free
- Multiple entry Schengen visas: For regular travels to the Netherlands / Schengen it is possible to obtain a multiple-entry visa with a longer period of validity. The following requirements apply:
- multiple-entry visa for 1 year: if you have received a Schengen visa (airport transit visa does not count) 3 times in the past 2 years and used it correctly;
- multiple-entry visa for 2 years: if you have received a multiple-entry visa for 1 year in the past 2 years and used it correctly;
- multiple-entry visa for 5 years: if you have received a multiple-entry visa for 2 years in the past 3 years and used it correctly.
Keep in mind that at the end of the day it is always up to the issuing authority whether or not to issue a multiple-entry visa.
If you have submitted your biometrics less than 59 days before your current visa, then you can choose to have someone else submit your application for you. Ergo you do not have to apply in person.
Questions about applying for a Schengen visa, call us (+31 206161487) or send us an email (email@example.com), we are happy to help.